Wood products (cakes, bowls, cutting boards, etc.) will serve you longer if you follow these very simple rules:
- Wash wood products by hand or using a gentle brush under running water. Under no circumstances should you rub it heavily to avoid damaging the surface.
- Because cakes are impregnated with edible oil, they are not as protected as lacquer. Do not use any chemical cleaners as they may stain the surface.
- Do not expose wooden products to direct sunlight.
- If you find it difficult to wash stained spots, try rubbing them with lemon juice.
- Constant washing causes the tree to lose its intense color, so once a month or whenever needed, renew the product with olive or any other vegetable oil:
Rub a small amount of oil on the surface, wait 5 minutes to absorb and then wipe off any excess oil.
Here are some simple rules you can use to make your own cakes and more. products will last much longer!